So what does cleaner food production mean?
To us, this means we create our delicious products using no or very little additives, and only additives that are naturally derived (no nasty chemicals or synthetics = badditives).
It’s a fact that some convenience products require help to maintain a healthy and stable shelf life, but by remaining true to our core value that food should be FOOD, we focus on ways of achieving the necessary stability in the most natural way possible. We keep up with the latest developments so our list will evolve, but here are some examples to help:
What we DON'T add:
- Potassium Sorbate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Sulphur Dioxide
- Artificial sweeteners
- Artificial colours
- Artificial Fillers
What we MAY add (only when necessary):
- Xanthan Gum and Starch (when texture or stability is required)
- Yeast extracts (when a meaty/savoury note is needed)
- Chlorophyll and Beta Carotene (natural food colour enhancers)
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Nisin (a natural bacteria based preservative used only in products that can spoil quickly)
With Loft Foods, you can trust that our full-time team of Food Technologists (with many years of experience) have fine-tuned our recipes under strict health and safety standards and with rigorous testing protocols to achieve products that not only taste better but are better FOR YOU.