200g Salsa Verde
200g hot smoked salmon pieces (skin removed)
10g chopped chives
grated zest and juice ½ lemon
salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes to remove any dirt and place in a pot of cold water (skins on). Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are cooked (about 30-40 minutes).
- Strain the potatoes and leave to steam in the pot for 2 minutes, then roughly mash. Add all remaining ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Shape into rounds of desired width, approximately 3cm deep, and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge to set.
- Fry in a pan on med-high setting for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and serve with Salsa Verde.
- Make larger sized rounds and top with baby spinach and poached eggs for a fresh and healthy take on a brunch favorite!